Why this blog?

Hi. My name is Behnam, and I'm a game developer. After some years of programming, I've found that I have a great interest in software architecture and anything that makes my life easier when developing a video game.

I've been following software architecture talks and tutorials for a few years. The reason I'm starting this blog at this time is that recently I realized things began to make more sense to me, and now I have something to share. Also, I want to crystalize my thoughts by writing about them, which helps me learn them better.

By sharing my knowledge here, I'm hoping that I can help other people to have an easier time developing video games by having a better architecture for their codebase. I'm also hoping to get feedback from other professional developers and improve myself.

The target audience of this blog is intermediate developers who can comfortably create small-size games but struggle with anything more significant than that.

I want to make it clear that in this blog, I'm not going to talk about HOWs but rather WHYs. For instance, I'm not going to talk about how to use the Unity ECS to create a million spinning boxes running at 60fps. But instead, I'm going to talk about why the Unity ECS can be a better architectural design for specific situations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unity Project Folder Structure

Implicit coupling will stab you in the back!